Raeford Homes For Sale
The community of Raeford is situated 20 miles from Fayetteville. Raeford was established in 1911. Raeford has such a diverse market, and you can find properties in almost any price range.
The website for Raeford is at http://raefordcity.org/index.php.
The following attractions and activities are readily available while in Raeford:
Paraclete XP SkyVenture, LLC - this indoor skydiving center is the place for kid-friendly activities and family fun.
Carolina Horse Park - with thrilling horse racing and other events throughout the season.
Lake Rim Park - where you can walk along the one mile border trail through the wetlands to Bone Creek, play a game of soccer, or have a picnic! This park has an array of outdoor amenities including picnic areas, horseshoe pits, walking trails, tennis courts, sand volleyball courts, athletic fields, natural areas, a Native American themed garden, and children's playground.
- Raeford-Hoke Museum - The Raeford-Hoke Museum, a non-profit organization, began its preservation project in 2002 with the purchase of The McLauchlin-McFadyen House. Our mission is to preserve the history, culture and artifacts of the local area. The Museum houses many historical artifacts, photographs and genealogies of Raeford and Hoke County. They are open Mondays & Tuesdays 10:00 AM-2:00 PM, and Saturdays & Sundays 2:00 PM – 4:00 PM
- Healthy Choices - “Progressive health care delivered at costs below the national average,” is the way our area’s medical community is described. In Hoke County, you have a choice of first rate health care institutions, easily accessible in any “direction.” Hoke County has two first rate hospitals: FirstHealth Hoke Campus and Cape Fear Valley Hoke Campus.
- Parks and Recreation - Raeford's excellent parks and recreation system offers community tennis courts, sports leagues for youth and adults, and special children’s activity programs. Hoke County’s Nicholson Creek Game Land and Callaway Forest – with the 8 mile All-American Trail spanning our borders – provide local residents with over 3,500 acres for horseback riding, hunting, fishing, biking, and hiking.
- Carolina Horse Park Foundation - North Carolina's premiere equestrian center for both national and international competitions. The Park is dedicated to the preservation of open space for equestrian and recreational purposes with multi-disciplined capabilities suitable for championship level equine competitions. In addition, it hosts other agricultural events and fun outdoor activities open to non-equestrians.
Schools and Education:
- Awarded accreditation by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools – Council on Accreditation and School Improvement (SACS CASI), Hoke County Schools are nationally recognized as a Quality School System. What’s more, all of our pre-K classrooms are recognized as “5-star.” Hoke County Public Schools recently received the Green Ribbon School District Award from the North Carolina Department of Public Instruction (NCDPI) Safe and Healthy Schools Support Division and will now represent the state in national competition. The Green Ribbon Schools Award is the first comprehensive federal policy for schools related to environment, health and education. It describes a thoughtful vision for the nation’s schools, sets a high bar for success, and raises the profile of individual green schools and the states that encourage them.
- Raeford and Hoke County Schools has a commitment to students that's echoed by parents, teachers, administrators, local leaders and a supportive business community. A broad spectrum curriculum caters to the needs of all students, from the academically gifted to the learning disabled. Raeford also offers an Early College program and alternative school provide valuable choices within the county school system. There are a variety of after-school program and a wide variety of extracurricular activities and summer programs to give children opportunities for enrichment.