Cameron Homes For Sale
The community of Cameron can be found 20 miles from Spring Lake. Cameron was originated in 1865. Some of the amenities residents search for include a pond, a lake, a clubhouse, an outdoor tennis court, a park, and a playground. Many communities within Cameron offer these amenities. Cameron was voted the Best Antiquing Area in North Carolina by Our State Magazine and heralded by Southern Living Magazine. Cameron is a small municipality of just over 300 people. Their small town is full of Southern Charm and history. Comprised of gorgeous historical, boutique shops, and a friendly close-knit community. You immediately become a part of the Cameron Family upon entering town.
More information for Cameron is at http://www.townofcameron.com/.
Common uses for homes in Cameron consist of:
Golf Course Living
Single Family Residences
When in Cameron, the following attractions and activities are close and convenient:
Aloha Safari Zoo - Animals of various species, many of which are exotic, have found a sanctuary in an educational zoo that is family run (with the help of a small team of dedicated individuals). The zoo is over 60-acres and opened to the public January 2010.
The Old Cameron Jail - offering educational and entertaining tours of the area. It serves as a mini museum and an antique store in one!
- Old Hardware Antiques - If quality antiques are your passion or your trade, you will not be disappointed with a visit to The Old Hardware. Having been in business at this same location for more than twenty years, The Old Hardware has established a reputation for offering outstanding country and formal furniture and accessories at reasonable prices. Ranging from blue-decorated stoneware, pottery, and painted furniture to Staffordshire, Imari, and period English pieces, our inventory is sure to please the discriminating buyer. The restored 1920’s brick building, once the center of Cameron’s agricultural trade, lends itself to inviting displays in a vintage atmosphere. With two floors of Antiques to browse, a visit will surely be a memorable experience.
- Other Notable Antique Stores Include: Now & Then Antiques, Sullivan's Antiques and Collectibles, This Old House Antiques, McPherson's Store, Baby B Antiques, and more!
- Phillips Memorial Park - is a beautiful 26 acre Nature park with Walking Trails, a Pond for Fishing, Play equipment, Benches, Picnic tables under large oaks, and a Pavillion by the pond. It's a perfect spot for a picnic or walk in the park after a day out in Cameron. This is a favorite walking and relaxation spot for our Cameron residents. Non-aggressive Dogs are permitted on leash.
- The Dewberry Capital of the World - because of the large-scale cultivation of dewberries in the farming community in Cameron, it is known as The Dewberry Capital of the World. Dewberries are a type of blackberry, tending to be a little more tart-tasting that your average blackberry, along with many other minor differences.
Schools and Education:
- The top rated schools in Cameron are: Johnsonville Elementary, Cameron Elementary, New Century Middle, and Union Pines High.
Browse Cameron Homes For Sale
Click the links below to sort results by price range.