VA Award Letter to Document Your Income
Initially, when you purchase or refinance a home, mortgage lenders will require documentation of your income. So, if you receive VA disability or retirement income, VA loans require a current VA Award Letter. Furthermore, this will provide the exact amount of your VA income and the level of disability. Additionally, the VA Award Letter will be used to calculate debt ratios and residual income. Many Veterans are not sure how to get their Award Letter, so we have provided the easiest way below.
Steps to Get Your VA Award Letter Online
- Go to the VA e-benefits page for letters by clicking here
- Login using your VA login credentials or register for a new account
- First, must register in DEERS
- Access your VA award letter
- Provide the VA Award Letter to us
- Need help with E-benefits questions, technical issues, benefits, services, NRD and DoD services and resources, click here
- Additional Option: Visit your local VA regional office and they can print your current VA Award Letter
Furthermore, there are other forms you can access on this same VA Letters page on the ebenefits site. These include Civil Service Preference, Commissary and Exchange privileges, and service/benefit verification.
So let our team of VA and VA Jumbo Loan experts help you purchase your new home with excellent terms. Additionally, we can lend up to 100% of your appraised value on a VA refinance loan. Use a VA refinance loan to consolidate bills, finance improvements, or improve your current mortgage terms.